Welcome to the Alberta Jiu-Jitsu Association
There are two levels of membership for the Alberta Jiu-Jitsu Association, as an individual, or as a dojo/gym/club.
As a dojo/gym/club owner you be recognized as a Club Member of the Alberta Jiu-Jitsu Association and receive club-level benefits, such as:
- Comprehensive insurance package that covers your dojo/club and your AJJA member students
- Your dojo/club listed on the AJJA website
- Greater student retention for your dojo/club through participation in AJJA Provincial events
- Media coverage of events and individuals, as well as support in getting exposure for your dojo/club
- Communication within the Alberta Jiu-Jitsu community
- Province wide referral service
- Opportunities to foster the growth and promotion of Jiu-Jitsu in Alberta and beyond
- Fundraising for your dojo/club
- Support for your events or tournaments
- Award for tournaments at no cost
To be considered for club membership, please download and complete the attached form. CLUB LEVEL FORM
- Good Jiu-Jitsu skills and/or other self-defense martial arts techniques
- Honorable people with good spirit (no criminals) criminal record check may be requried
- Members that will partcipate, fundraise, and support AJJA events. Members are needed to sit on the Board of Directors or volunteer time
- Provide contact information for three references, and send us information on your dojo/club and martial arts style. A club visitation may be scheduled for Club Memberships.
- Final approval of an affiliate school and individual membership is given in conjunction with a satisfactory review by the Membership Director or Board of Directors. This involves an evaluation of documentation provided. The conditions and conferral of the membership are ratified by the Board of Directors.
- Membership is open to the public from all walks of life
- Head instructors who will be hosting events or teaching at AJJA must send in a copy of their current certification
- If you currently need a Jiu-Jitsu instructor we can help you, we also have a Black Belt grading board available for these circumstances. Grading criteria available upon request
- Members are needed to submit articles for quarterly magazine and notify us when you would like to have a student promotion listed.
- All students of the affiliate dojo/club must be AJJA members in order to have your affiliate dojo/club listed on the AJJA web site and to have a copy of the insurance policy
- Member dojo/clubs are expected to host technical seminars, they will be assisted by other AJJA instructors and dojo/club owners
As an individual member of the Alberta Jiu-Jitsu Association you do not have to belong to a dojo or club, however you will have many more benifits belonging an AJJA dojo. In following with Alberta Jiu-Jitsu’s long term Athlete development plan, the AJJA has the following membership classifications. No belt ranks come with this membership.
- Black Belt (Yudansha) Membership $45
- Coach / Official Membership $40
- Competitive Athlete / Sport Membership $40
- Adult Regular Membership $35
- Teen Membership $30
- Children’s Membership (13 and under) $25
To be considered for individual membership, download and complete the attached form* INDIVIDUAL LEVEL FORM
* there may be circumstances where it is not possible to belong to a recognized organization in which case we review the application and award membership on a case-by-case basis.