Camp of Combat Arts 2009
Camp of Combat Arts 2009 was another huge success and we're gearing up for 2010 for another weekend of top level combat arts instruction in some of the most interesting and devastating forms of fighting for people of all ages and abilities.
People from all over Canada got involved and learned about these incredible fighting arts: Tai Jitsu and Ju Jitsu; Arnis and Kali; Ninjutsu and Police Pressure Point Control Tactics presented by former military, current law enforcement personnel and use of force instructors, to MMA Trainers.
The camp was held on Saturday at 10 a.m. in Calgary, Alberta at the Southland Leisure Centre Main Gym.
- Shihan Chris Bissett - Chief Instructor Jishin-Ryu Jiu-Jitsu
- Sensei Andy Dobie - President of Jitsu Canada
- Sensei Rod Henricks - Head Instructor Inukshuk Bushido Kai in Edmonton
- Sensei Malcolm Bale - Head instructor Calgary Jiu Jitsu in Calgary
- Guro Joel Huncar - Raven Martial Arts and Huncar Applied Natural Defense Systems
- Sensei Kevin D. Lintott - Chief instructor AJJA / Goshinkan-Ryu JuJitsu
- Sensei Trevor Tessier - Head Instructor Panther Management Group
- Sensei Tom Gillis - Head Instructor Foothills Training Services
This year we booked a private camp site for attendees and their families only. The site was at the Clearwater Tipi Campsite just minutes west of Calgary allowing you to set up your own tent or trailer or book one of the large Tipi's to stay in. The cost of camping was free for your family however a small donation was be appreciated to cover the cost of the rental.
Stay tuned for Combat Arts 2010. Planning is already underway!